Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 9

• Please log in to reply

jmat

jmat

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Ever since I installed Explorer 9 my computer has slowed down, I keep getting pop ups on the bottom saying "webpage wants to run the following add-on: Adobe Flash Player and also a pop up asking if I want to disable ad ons. How do I get rid of these pop ups and is there a way to disable Explorer 9 and go back to 8? I know nothing about computers! Thanks

Advertisements

goldhound

goldhound

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Ever since I installed Explorer 9 my computer has slowed down, I keep getting pop ups on the bottom saying "webpage wants to run the following add-on: Adobe Flash Player and also a pop up asking if I want to disable ad ons. How do I get rid of these pop ups and is there a way to disable Explorer 9 and go back to 8? I know nothing about computers! Thanks

It would be best if you posted your question, along with info about which operating system you have. HERE

cptnshakenbake

cptnshakenbake

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
The following is how to remove IE 9 from Windows 7
Go to start\control panel\uninstall programs on the left side you will see "view installed updates" click on that. This will then take you to Uninstall an update. Scroll through the list till you see IE 9. Click on that and then choose uninstall. This will require a reboot and then it will be on IE 8
Hope this helps