Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help: can't access internet explorer on XP

• Please log in to reply

peggy4110

peggy4110

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, my name is Peggy pleased to meet you all, I am new to this site. I have bought a second hand laptop and installed internet connection. It says internet is connected and all is on. Then when I press on the Internet Explorer box it comes up;
'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience'.
I cannot even get on the Internet so I can download a Fix-it solution. I'm typing this on my desktop, but really need it set up on my laptop computer as I need it for Uni.
Thanks to any kind person that can help.
Peggy

Advertisements

Wepynx-old

Wepynx-old

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,,try going to ,Tools,Internet Options,Advanced,then click ,reset Internet Explorer when asked ,check the box to delete settings. If that doesn't work ,,,if you are running IE7 or IE8, go to Add/Remove and uninstall IE, that will leave you with Ie6. See if you can then download Firefox.If IE6 seems to work ok,,check Windows Update for IE8(WU should notify you) and reinstall. Good luck !!!!

peggy4110

peggy4110

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thankyou so much. I have Wednesday off so am going to try and work it out then and let you know. Thankyou.
Peggy