Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why the heck do people do this stuff

• Please log in to reply

Element9846

Element9846

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
People that sit at their pc's rockin back and forth thinkin of some lame name to name their new daughter (virus) and their only goal in life is hurting peoples computers...I am sorry GTG im sure you dont like language or stuff about the nature of peoples believes but

These people that do this are Straight Up F*GS! my god RIght not i have 2000 things n my pc and waiting for help along with all the others in malware section...these people are rediculous and its ashame we have to have teams to break some imbiciles inventions...man o man

I am infected with worms and everything right now and yes thats right TWO THOUSAND PLUS MALICIOUS OBJECTS!! I am in a hole and I believe every hacker/virus creator belongs in the deep south hot desert heat resort

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Most people you talk to would agree with everything you just said... but you gotta admit, some of it is really impressive programming.

Element9846

Element9846

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Thats actually pretty true

never really thought of it...they really shouldnt take it out on people just cause they couldnt get a girlfriend in highschool though

I know some code but nothing harmful to people

Some actionscript and lots more knowledge of html

My only page thats still up so far is

www.h2odesignz.co.uk

Its a design group and has nothing to do with virus removal so GTG probably wont mind since this really isnt any virus help competition lol

I am co head admin there and if you actually wanna you can register and such but ya..they are bad but i guess it took em forever to learn it...especially those pentagon hackers lol

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You do realize though, you had to go to an infected website, download an infected file or program or open an infected email to get infected yourself !!

Most P2P programs are nothing but virus/trojans/spyware havens so, if you've been going to those you have no one to blame but yourself (and the writer of the malicious code)..

Murray

Element9846

Element9846

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
ya I know I was dumb and downloaded the wrong program...it was limewire as well....Which usually causes me no problems and by now I have removed alllll Crap it came with and it still runs fine...it was some retard on limewire...not limewire itself...ive ALSO already blamed myself...but why would I have to? If they didnt make this crap we wouldnt have to blame anyone...you clearly missed my point

No disrespect GTG Is a great place but you came off very harsh its merely a community thread talking about and being mad about stupid people that make these things.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
And the unfortunate people who open the stupid files without checking them first

Edited by usetobe, 02 June 2005 - 02:53 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

ya I know I was dumb and downloaded the wrong program...it was limewire as well....Which usually causes me no problems and by now I have removed alllll Crap it came with and it still runs fine...it was some retard on limewire...not limewire itself...ive ALSO already blamed myself...but why would I have to? If they didnt make this crap we wouldnt have to blame anyone...you clearly missed my point

No disrespect GTG Is a great place but you came off very harsh its merely a community thread talking about and being mad about stupid people that make these things.

View Post

And if you weren't trying to pirate software/music, then you wouldn't have gotten infected either!!

Murray

Element9846

Element9846

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
True..Jumped the gun...but still it would help overall if they didnt make these

agree? lol

Element9846

Element9846

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Im going to uninstall limewire now i don't need it anyway

Thx for the help all, I dont wanna be SOL though because I am dumb and have limewire...Ill remove it now and move on with a normal life

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I have to agree with you, Element. It's not always bad links, bad attachments, P2P or even p*rn that can infect you. We have a thread in GeekU discussing the fact that even going to an innocent seeming CHILDREN's sites can infect a pc these days. It's scary and sad. It is NOT always the pc users' fault that they become infected. Yes, quite often it is..due to the reasons mentioned above. But lately, it seems as though so few websites are totally safe, and it is very sad that the dang script kiddies can't find something better to do. :tazz:

Please everyone, keep that in mind, and lets' make sure we stay civil and cordial. Not knowing about Malware and how it can infect you does not make a person *stupid*. They are simply uneducated in this matter...as MANY of us Staff Members were when we became infected ourselves.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Very true ~kat~ and for that I will apologize for my "rant".. However, what you said being true, willing to bet that 95% of those posting malware problems in here did not get them from a kiddie site!! :tazz:

Murray

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Im going to uninstall limewire now i don't need it anyway

Thx for the help all, I dont wanna be SOL though because I am dumb and have limewire...Ill remove it now and move on with a normal life

View Post

You are not SOL. Using a P2P program or even surfing p*rn does not preclude anyone from receiving help on this site. As you've said yourself, there is a LOT of malicious crap out there, adn we are working as fast as we can to help everyone who comes to us! Hang in there, someone will get to you! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

willing to bet that 95% of those posting malware problems in here did not get them from a kiddie site!!  ;)

Murray

View Post

I'm sure you could be very right, Murray. I admit that when I became infected a couple years ago, it was via Kazaa. At that time, the "fuss" hadn't been raised yet about downloads, and I honestly didn't even KNOW it wasn't legal. I also knew nothing about Firewalls (I didn't have one) nor Spyware/Malware.

The way I look at it is this...when someone comes to us for help, we not only clean them up...we also EDUCATE them about everything from how to keep their pc safe, to how and why they became infected. I can bet that a good number of the people we have helped have probably changed their surfing habits after they leave! :tazz:

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
He's getting help from one our best....Banana, so hopefully he will be a happy teddy soon

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Yep.. you are probably right on the nose as usual milady (milady said tongue in cheek) !! :tazz:

Murray