Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clear all material off computer and download XP again

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Do you know how much space (GB) your current computer has? In most cases computers will generally have enough space to store all that you are asking, pictures can take up a bit of space but in almost all cases I see in my workshop the customer might have a lot of pictures and still have heaps of free space on the drive.

Post 45 Troy has the Disk Management screenshot. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Good Morning, Thank you for your advice. My computer is running better than it has for such a long time even counting after I picked it up at the "Fix It Right" computer store. So, I am so thankful for this web site and for everyone who has helped me out. Rshaffer was so patient with me and I so appreciate that. Like I have said before, I have friends in my age group that have problems with their computers and I firmly believe spend so much money to have them fixed when they are not fixed. Thank you for your time and I shall share this with my husband for he gets to pay for anything I get. That is nice of me I know. God bless you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I guess I did not answer your question and to your question. I have a 64 Processore Ram 2.00 GH 2448 M.B.
I do know that I would like to have more room than this one has and I am checking with grandson to see if he will install more memory for me on here. Have a good day and thank you so much.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hello Troy, Thank you for your help. I guess I think I am adding a reply and put it in the wrong place. I have copied all you wrote and will keep it with all the other information I have from here. I will bring my information on any computer I consider to buy right here to you guys. I am hoping that will be down the road a piece. Once again thank you so much. God bless you.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Post 45 Troy has the Disk Management screenshot. :thumbsup:

Indeed it does thanks mate. However it is cut off, but it looks like it is saying 57GB of free space - Sharon can you please confirm this? If so, 57GB is a lot of space and you will be able to fit quite a bit of data (pictures, music etc) on the drive.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Whenever I try to put pictures on or music my machine slows down. I have gotten a message that I was low on space. That is exactly what it said but that is what it meant. I wanted to put fox fire on and it would not work with it on. I had add ons shutting down and everything. Then my daughter said put on Google Chrome on and I had problems there also. This machine really is working great now. I am so pleased with it. I am once again able to go to different sites without it closing down and it is faster now. I took all my stories off here and all my grandchildrens pictures so I would have more disk space. So, I have no idea why when I try to put something on here the machine just does not want to work well. Thank you for telling me this. I may try to put some pictures back on and see what happens. God bless you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Ok, I think I have what you asked for. Used space: 14,982,557,696 bytes. 13.9 GB
Free Space: 65,008,254,976. 60.5 GB
Capacity: 79,990,812,672 bytes, 74.4 GB

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes that is heaps of space, it really depends actually how much data you have (stories and pictures etc) but most likely you'll find it should all fit. You will still need to leave some spare space on the drive otherwise a full drive can cause problems.

If it is slowing down when you add them on perhaps you might need to run a defragment after you have added the data on?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
All right, I shall first put on the pictures I took of and see what happens. I miss those most of all. I have found it so nice to go to my web sites and not be shut down before I can even check them out. I also love how fast this computer is going to sites. Been a very long time since it has been this fast. I shall start with the pictures and let you know. Do you think I should put on Chrome Google or something like that? Is it important to have something besides IE? Thank you so much for all you have done. God bless you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I have put about 8 pictures on my computer and several songs that I did have on there. It is working just fine. So happy with it. Thank you so much. I am not going to get carried away with too much of anything. Just enjoying going to web sites and enjoying them..

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great job Sharon and I am so glad everything is still working for you. Troy is really good and I respect his input with helping you during all this. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
You are the one who did the great job. And I also so appreciate Troy helping me with this. I actually thought how neat it would be to be able to do what you guys do. You really have to feel good when it all comes together. I shall pat you on the back so you won't have to. Now, that is a joke, ok? Thank you for all the hours you put up with me and with all the patience of a saint. God bless you. By the way, if you start getting Grandmothers on here, I sort of told a few about you guys.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

By the way, if you start getting Grandmothers on here, I sort of told a few about you guys.

We will welcome them all and hopefully be able to help them to a successful resolution as we have for you. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I know you will. You are a special person.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
What does this mean? virtual memory low. Is it important?