Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Proactive check - downloaded iTuner

• Please log in to reply

FUState

FUState

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Hi.

I just downloaded a file iTuner install and when it finished explorer warned me that the file was not downloaded often and it may be harmful.

I know that this is a generic warning, so I scanned it with MSE and 60 files were scanned with no harmful ones found... but I'm not sure if it is safe. I tried to find the install file on CNET or some reputable known site, and could not.

Is there a way for me to know that it's safe before installing it?

Advertisements

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Well, I am not patient I suppose :)

I googled a bunch of things, can't find anything to actually scan the file (kapersky is down), but I checked www.siteadvisor.com (apparently a Mcafee site) that produced this report.

I will install it now and hopefully it doesn't crash my computer :whistling:

Gammo

Gammo

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
Hello and welcome to Geekstogo!

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help.

It's indeed just a generic response. If you downloaded the file from the official website (and you said you did), then there is nothing to worry about. :thumbsup: