Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes not recognizing ipod

• Please log in to reply

cmac24

cmac24

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have an ipod classic (120 GB) and over the last couple of days itunes has not recognized the ipod when it's plugged in. My pc recognizes it so I don't know what the problem could be. I've done numerous searches and have tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. I have a Dell inspiron 530 running windows XP. I updated the itunes software (was 10.4.2.1, now its 10.5.3). The ipod works fine. Itunes did briefly recognize the device yesterday but could not access any of the files on it. I ran a full restore and it worked temporarily but not after I plugged it back in. Any suggestions before I uninstall or reinstall itunes? Thanks in advance. If it helps, I tried changing the drive letter, stopping and restarting the device through the control panel, administrative tools and rebooting pc.

Advertisements