Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Continuous DHCP Errors/No Internet

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hello,

This problem started a few days ago and ramped up yesterday and today. Yesterday I lost connection 7 times and I'm already at 4 for today. I checked my event viewer and keep seeing:

DHCP 1002

The IP address lease 192.168.1.64 for the Network Card with network address 001302243F5A has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.254 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

DHCP 1003
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001302243F5A. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.

also TCPIP 4226
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....fwlink/events.a

this is happening on all three computers on the network. Any help would be much appreciated, I have a class online this week and don't want to be disconnected in the midst of it.

Thank you,
Lisa

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi Leesie

Try flushing the DNS Cache and see if that helps "how to" below;

1.Press Windows+R to bring up the Run dialog box.
2.Type cmd then press ok.
3.In the command prompt that comes up enter ipconfig /flushdns then press return and your done.
Let us know how you get on.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Thanks Philipower2. Is it best to do that the next time it disconnects or can I do that at anytime?

Thanks,
Lisa

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi Leesie
You do not even have to be online to do this so yes anytime :thumbsup:

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Great, thank you! :cool:

Lisa

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:
Hopefully this will resolve the issue but if not checking your AV and firewall can be done next.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Well it's still acting up. 3x tonight.

The new error code is DCHP 1007 and TCPIP 4226.

I did the dns release and it helped once. If I do the /release and /renew and reboot I can get it back, but the last one lasted just twenty minutes before it acted up again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Try WinSock XP Fix (it`s free) http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

I am only suggesting the free download and in no way suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Thank you. Just went and downloaded it. Should I run it on both computers that are having issues?

Lisa

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Just the one for now please,

Advertisements

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Okay. Just ran it on the one I've been using.

Lisa

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Ok, going offline now but will check back about 1700hrs UK time, good luck.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

Back again. It's acted up twice tonight. TCPIP - 4226 both times.

Ran the winsock after the first one and it lasted another 4 hours before it happened again, then I rebooted and it went right back out.

Lisa

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi phillpower2 & Lisa
If you can't get this fixed by the time you need to logon to your class may I suggest that you go to a static ip address and see if it is stable for your lessons.
Since 2 computers are having the same problem have you rebooted the router (just an idea)
Have you checked the ip address on both machines could be a conflict.

Cheers
peterm

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi Peter,

I've rebooted the router several times. Done the reset on it as well and the issue still persists. How would I go about trying a static IP address? I'm not very knowledgeable on that stuff. To check the ip addresses for conflict would that just be going into cmd and ipconfig /all?

Thanks,
Lisa