Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hijackthis = slow internet connection why?

• Please log in to reply

UPLB stud

UPLB stud

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i tried ur STEPS B4 posting a hijack log last week...
i downloaded 1 program first then run it (carefully following your instructions)
i downloaded winsock, cleanup, ad-aware, CW shredder and spybot... then wen i am about to download EWIDO my internet conection SLOWED DOWN asin very slow..it took 3minutes to download page (im on a dial-up connection but its not this slow usually...) ....... so i decided to reinstall windows XP pro.... after doing so, my internet connection is back to normal..... what's caused the problem??? .... did the downloaded programs deleted files that i need to have good internet connection???......... recently i detected TROJANS And WORMS on my computer (via housecall) should i try ur STEPS B POSTING the hijack this log???.... im afraid it might again slow down my connection hindering my to contact you.... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? HELp

Advertisements