Music is on my PC which is running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.
I was always warned against using Samsung's own software for managing music, Emodio, so I have used Windows Media Player instead. In case it's relevant, the PC also runs iTunes because others in the family have iPods, and music is mostly collected via iTunes, which WMP seems to work with quite happily.
The collection has been getting rather untidy over the years with some duplicate entries. I therefore deleted the WMP libraries (wmdb) and formatted the Samsung (using its own on-board command) to clear everything out and rebuild the databases from scratch. I didn't touch the music files on the PC.
WMP has rebuilt its database quite happily, as far as I can see containing all the same details that I had before. However when I sync to the Samsung player, the music and track names transfer fine, but for most tracks there is no Artist or Album information transferred. Which makes keeping track of things a bit difficult.
Strangely, some information has transferred, including for most of my BBC podcasts.
Not life-threatening, but if anyone can see what I have done wrong, I'd be grateful to know.