Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup Software Recommendations

• Please log in to reply

TeachPower

TeachPower

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hello all and Happy New Year to you as this is my first post this year. I have a need for a backup software that mainly does one thing I am looking for. If it has other bells and whistles that I could use... great! My one need for a backup software is that it would compare a folder on my main hard drive to its copy that is on a backup drive and copy any files that are new to the folder on the back up drive. Instead of me visually comparing the two folders and seeing what needs to be backed up, I can just let the backup software do it.

I had Acronis True Image Home 2011 but it looked very complicated after I installed it. I just recently reinstalled Windows XP and was wondering if I should install it again because it would suite my needs, or is there another backup software (free preferably) that would do the simple backup things I need it to do better? Could you please recommend a simple backup software for me? If Acronis True Image Home 2011 can do what I need it to do, can somebody show me how to setup the type of backup I need using Acronis? Thank you for your time :thumbsup:

-TeachPower

Advertisements

Wepynx-old

Wepynx-old

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
http://us.norton.com/ghost/