Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet stopped working

• Please log in to reply

jan_jan64

jan_jan64

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi all :)

I was on the internet on my PC (firefox) and the browser started acting funny - tabs kept opening themselves for no reason and directing me to pages for telephone and internet service providers. Assuming I had some kind of virus or browser hijack, I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it, but no luck. I ran my anti-virus program but it found nothing - it DID ask me to block a program, however, oxrohey.exe (which I cant find any info about on the web), and it was continually asking for permission to run, so i permanently blocked it. I also turned off all unnecessary processes on startup/services in MSCONFIG.

Now, however, my internet no longer works. When opening the browser i get an error message that reads:

'jqsnotify.exe - entry point not found'
'The procedure entry point RtlIpv4AddressToStringExA could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll'

So, im guessing either i have a [bleep] of a virus my program cant detect, or ive f-ed my system up a bit T_T Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Sounds like malware to me. Go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.