Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP ME PLEASE!Adware/Spyware Problems

• Please log in to reply

Dory

Dory

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) Ok then... so this is an ongoing thing. So I read through some of the other threads here about the issues that I am having, but I am still having problems. I have gone into safe mode, gone through the registry keys and deleted said problems (of course creating system restores) - I am aware that my virus scans may still pick up the "restore" copy when scanning, but that is not the issue. I have searched for the paths where the scan says that these viruses are, but they are no where to be found. I am not sure of what I am even dealing with when it comes to this e.rn11.com... and there is also a "Click Me" program that appears in the start menu and a short cut on the desk top.. I am not sure if they are related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. in the time that it took for me to type this out, I have had to stop and close the e.rn11.com popup about 30 times.. AND I AM A FAST TYPER. HELP!!!! :tazz:

EDIT : Ok.. I think that I have finally gotten rid of the elite bar.. but I am still having issues with these popups.. and the "Click ME" still is appearing in my start up menu every time I reboot. Plus , I have scanned using Ad-Aware SE... and it says that my stystem is clean.. but I am still getting these popups.. Any thoughts?

Edited by Dory, 02 June 2005 - 02:17 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
dory
you said that even when looking through the registry you couldn't find the instances? try compling the ultimate boot cd 4 windows. http://www.ubcd4win.com/
it is a bootable version of xp that operates outside of your operating system. if these spyware instances are masking their existance from the windows regedit then the various registry tools in this system should find it. it is a pretty handy tool to have around anyway. has alot of password tools and what not. if you dont have all of the requirements to compile the cd let me know and i can email you the ISO image that can be burned on disk.

also try downloading the windows spyware tool off of miccrosoft.com it might catch more than adaware. just like virus scanners its good to run more than one before you give up.

Edited by dsenette, 02 June 2005 - 02:54 PM.