Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast + PC Tools Firewall Plus + MBAM

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I have always ran the free versions of Avast + PC Tools Firewall Plus + Manual scan of MBAM + Manual SAS + CCleaner + Spyware Blaster in the background with no problems and no viruses. But Avast gave me an option for a free trial of the Pro version and I installed it. I could not even load my browsers, so I had to uninstall Avast and download the free version again, because I tried to just choose the free version and opt out of the Pro, and the problem still existed. Well MBAM offered the same thing and I tried it. It will not work with the other running programs, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the free version. It still shows that it's the Pro version and I have to close it down, but it messes with everything even when I close it down. Also, now when I reboot and try to open a browser, I have to either shut down PC Tools Firewall or Avast. They won't let me get online for some reason now. Has anyone experienced this crazy stuff before? I don't want to get rid of any of the programs, but if I should have to reinstall all of them, in what order should I do it so that my system will be protected? And why won't MBAM Pro work along side Avast and PC Tools Firewall? It seems that it would be doing something totally different than the other two. But I'm not anywhere near a computer geek, so what do I know...right? :rolleyes:

Edited by BeachBumBum, 23 January 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Advertisements