Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Sims 3 - Razor1911 Final MAXSPEED

• Please log in to reply

cutiepie123

cutiepie123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I stupidly let a friend of mine download this file on my laptop and now I want to get rid of it and it won't go away! I've done everything. I deleted it off the desktop and then from the recycle bin. I run my security system on it, no virus or so it says. I uninstalled the two programs that helped get it on there. I deleted it from my c drive. It had even created it's own "f" drive so I deleted that too. But each and every time I go to the control panel to uninstall it, the install shield wizard comes up and stops because it has a error. I've rebooted it a few times too. Let's just say I'm not going to be doing this again. This is what it tells me:

An error (-5005 : 0x8000ffff) has occured while running this setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.

Error Code: -5005 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (851)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:Electronic Arts (http://www.TheSims3.com)
PGUID:C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002)
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

Edited by cutiepie123, 24 January 2012 - 12:31 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sorry this has taken so long. I just now have read this topic. If you still have the file on your computer, have you tried moveonboot to delete the file before the operating system loads?

http://emcosoftware.com/move-on-boot

Just read the help files till you understand what you are trying to do.

SRX660