Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Memory fregvency

• Please log in to reply

xp3

xp3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there guys ! I get a new motherboard and i have a little problem ...
My new motherboard is : Asrock p5e-de and i have 4 memory ram , 2 x 1GB (667) 2 x 1GB (800).
How i can cofigure my motherboard to run with my 4 memory cards in same time ? I tryed to set in bios the memory fregvency to 667 but didn't help ... with the 2 card at 800 is working fine ... but if i instal the 667 cards my PC won't start !

Is there a solution for that ?

Advertisements

xp3

xp3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tryed to update bios too ... but didn't make any difference

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Hi XP3 and :welcome:

Is there a solution for that ?

I cannot find that ASRock model number, are you sure that is it? You need to visit your motherboards website and check the RAM Support list to make sure your RAM (or RAM with the same specs) is listed. Then you need to check your manual to make you have the pairs in the correct slot. On many motherboards, pair one is installed in slots 1 and 3, and pair two is installed in slots 2 and 4.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
p5e-de is actually an Asus board, not an Asrock one. Appears to be part of the P5E Deluxe range, Socket 775.

You quite often find on main boards with four slots they can't run all four together at the same speed, so your best bet may be to set them all to either Auto, or the slowest speed going.