Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Anyone familiar with keyboard removal issues on HP 6730S ?

• Please log in to reply

programmer4life

programmer4life

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I've followed the online details on how to remove the keyboard, but it just seems as if screws are holding it in place, though I've removed the two from under the case marked with the tiny keyboard image.

I'm attempting to replace the video ribbon, and need to get the keyboard up. If I pry much harder, it will bend or snap apart. I'm totally stumped. :help:

Advertisements

Randis

Randis

• Pip
  • 8 posts
try this.

programmer4life

programmer4life

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I tried that already. I've followed any and all available online manuals for disassembly. For whatever reason, the keyboard doesn't budge at all. It's as if it is still screwed down.

The only thing I can figure is that really strong sticky padding was also used. I can't even get anything under it to pry it up. Has anyone out there had this issue?

drupi666

drupi666

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had this problem, too. The problem is that your keyboard is sticked with some kind of glue (somewhere under the letters "d" and "f",but I have seen the same glue on the other side,too(somewhere under the letters "k" and "l") ). I used a knife (but not the sharp one) to separate this. You should watch out of the keyboard cable that connects keyboard to a motherboard(it is somewhere in the middle of the keyboard).
I hope this helps ..

sevenck.com

sevenck.com

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Man ! i'd like to thank u very much...i was in the same situation and after fighting i found out that there was actually glue near the letter "F"... i thought it might help other people..so try using a long tool such a knife to undo the glue..
and again thanks

drupi666

drupi666

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm glad it was helpful. I was at the end of my nerves with this so I thought it would be appreciated posting the solution to this problem. For someone who has no experience with opening lap-tops, this explanation was needed desperately but there is none word about this on the internet...
Once more, I am so glad that someone found this useful;)