Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System-Check needs to die! [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

goostar

goostar

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi guys! I've missed you so I'm back!

I've got a WindowsXP workstation on a small network at my office. Today, my office manager came back from lunch and said she had a weird error message on her computer. I looked at it and it said that there could be some damage to my hard drive. I clicked on a scan window that "analyzed" my system and it showed several "problems". Out of curiosity, I clicked on the Online Help Center and it went to SecureBill, Inc. I knew the jig was up when it said that payment was required to fix the problem.

I've got about 30 windows opening telling me of a delayed write failure. I can't get rid of the main scan panel. My All Programs window shows "Empty". No icons are on my desktop. I opened AVG and tried to update but it got shutdown. The scan is running but shows nothing yet.

I also rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking to get online to download OTL.exe. I tried to run it in SafeMode thinking that it wouldn't let me in Normal and it never started running. I then rebooted in Normal Mode and the desktop is empty. I tried to download it to a flash drive but the computer won't recognize the drive.

Any other ideas???

Many thanks in advance. I always appreciate the help I get here!!!

Goostar

Advertisements

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hello and welcome to Geekstogo!

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please let me know and we'll try to get the tools to run on your PC.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

regards myrti

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.