Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora/Drpmon irritant [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello Dan

What can I say about that last log other than you could eat your dinner off it. :tazz:

You've already had the prevent reinfection speech a week ago.

Good luck Dan.

Advertisements

blueoctober

blueoctober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Phil,

Wow, what a long irritating process. I uninstalled and reinstalled MSAS and sure enough the Possible Hijack entry was gone. So it might have saved me some time if I had thought of that earlier. It was so irritating that I was going around in circles. But your help is very appreciated. Thank you so much for guiding me through this process. I've got about three separate AS programs installed currently. I guess I'll get rid of Ewido, my trial is almost up. I'm keeping MS, Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. I'll also go back to your previous suggestions and see what else needs to be done. Thank you again for your time. You are the best!

Dan

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.