Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with sound card

• Please log in to reply

Gasol

Gasol

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello my friends.
I have a serious problem for the first time with the sound card. Today, when I turn on my PC, a message appear if I want to update Sound Blaster Audigy. I select CANCEL button and then appear in task a message that a hardware may not work properly. For the moment I din't realize the problem but after some minutes, when I want to listen some music, I din't hear anything. When I push on Sound Blaster Icon to make changes, it said this is an error.
From that moment I can't hear any sound on my PC.
From Control Panel I deactivate that Sound Blaster Audigy and Creative 5 and then I put the CD to install again. But surprise. The CD is an original one with installation and aplplications. Have Sound Blaster Audigy, Windows Media Player 10 and Creative 5. The Creative 5 was installed but at Sound Blaster Audigy are serious problem. It's said it didn't discover that in the PC. I don't know how to manage it and maybe my sound card it is damaged or I don't know to reinstall or made changes from PC.

Please Help!

PS. I use XP SP2.

Advertisements