Getting the "keyboard error or no keyboard present" message at bios startup. The keyboard works fine, I've used it successfully with this laptop. The mouse plugged into the desktop appears to be "recognized" (its optical, its lit up) so it shouldn't be a usb problem. I powered off and unplugged the system and removed the cmos battery for about 15 minutes to no avail. Any ideas?
There have been a few occasions where I've touched the top of my computer case (CM Stacker 830) and I've been shocked and the entire computer reboots. Two days ago I touched the table that the desktop is sitting on, was shocked, and the computer rebooted. Could these instances have shorted out or damaged something in the mobo?
Thanks for any assistance.