Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS won't recognize keyboard even though it works

• Please log in to reply

scelerati

scelerati

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey folks.

Getting the "keyboard error or no keyboard present" message at bios startup. The keyboard works fine, I've used it successfully with this laptop. The mouse plugged into the desktop appears to be "recognized" (its optical, its lit up) so it shouldn't be a usb problem. I powered off and unplugged the system and removed the cmos battery for about 15 minutes to no avail. Any ideas?

There have been a few occasions where I've touched the top of my computer case (CM Stacker 830) and I've been shocked and the entire computer reboots. Two days ago I touched the table that the desktop is sitting on, was shocked, and the computer rebooted. Could these instances have shorted out or damaged something in the mobo?

Thanks for any assistance.

Advertisements