Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Xp Will Not Start !

• Please log in to reply

WxpUser1662

WxpUser1662

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I Have A eMachines Desktop Computer And It Will Not Start Up Correctly . It Displays The eMachines Logo But It Shuts Down Right After ! What Do I Do ?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello WxpUser1662.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.
  • If you are receiving assistance in any other forum site please let us know as there may be conflicting advice given.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue

WxpUser1662

WxpUser1662

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I Have A Windows Xp , system Manufacturer eMachines , Product Name EL1200-05w
( I Hope Thats Enough Information )
Thats The Only Information That I Know About My Computer .

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK enough info to get started.
Now with the symptons you describe I am inclined to say you have one of three possible issues.
  • Bad motherboard
  • Bad CPU
  • Bad Power supply

Out of the above I am inclined to think it is the first or last one.
Below is the review of your system will is why I have indicated the above possible reasons.

The eMachines EL1200-05w is a Wal-Mart exclusive desktop that scrapes together a series of low-quality components in a cramped slim-tower chassis. Although it might look like a home theater PC at first glance, the interior reveals a barren landscape with very little room for expansion. This $298 desktop is one of the cheapest systems that eMachines offers, but we're dissatisfied with the outdated operating system and lackluster performance scores. We recommend saving $100 for a system that will allow you the freedom to multitask and run more robust applications.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet....l#ixzz1kaoT1JTB

How old is the system?
Is there any warranty still in affect for the system?