Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can not open any .exe files

• Please log in to reply

Pannlinn

Pannlinn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can not open any of my exe files. Not sure when it happened. Tried to download exe fixes from the internet but it wont open any of those programs either. I need help :)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Follow the directions in this Tutorial by Brink: Restore Default Windows 7 File Extension Type Associations

Wrong OS. Use this instead: Windows® XP File Association Fixes

Download the EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)

NOTE: If your EXE file associations are corrupted, it can be difficult to open REGEDIT, or to even import REG files. To work around this, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and open Task Manager. Once there, click File, then hold down the CTRL key and click New Task (Run). This will open a Command Prompt window. Enter REGEDIT.EXE and press Enter.