Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Gtx 560's or Single Gtx 570

• Please log in to reply

Gds

Gds

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As the title states trying to figure out which rig I'm going to buy tomorrow. One has the dual cards and the other has the single.

Here are both of the rigs. Which would you guys/gals go for?

http://www.tigerdire...51785&CatId=114

http://www.tigerdire...80&Sku=SYX-1108

Gonna be purchasing tomorrow so any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
They are different machines so not sure I could recommend one over the other - especially when we don't know the brands and model numbers of some of the components - specifically the motherboards or PSUs. Interestingly, the dual-graphics card machine has the smaller PSU, thought 850W is still big. At least it states is it "80+ Efficient" while the 950W makes no such claim. And "80+ Efficient" is not the same thing as "80 PLUS Certified" which, IMO, every PSU should have.

Also, I don't see any specs on case cooling. That is critical, especially for gaming machines and even more so with dual cards.

Since both machines are being marketed as gaming machines, I will assuming gaming will be your primary use of this machine. But note for many users, the hassles (including cooling and power) with dual cards just does not yield enough gaming performance to make it worthwhile.

Plus with a single card, you have an upgrade path (you can add another card later).