Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet wont connect to the internet wirelessly anymore :(

• Please log in to reply

lcfcleej

lcfcleej

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i dont know if anyone can help me,
i have got a laptop that i used to use at home, then started taking it to college and connecting to the internet there and now when i am at home my computer finds the router, connects but says
Unidentifyed network: public only
access - local only
connection - wireless network connection

It connects to the internet with an ethernet cable but not wirelessly anymore
Also my dads laptop connects to it wirelessly as does my brothers netbook connects

If anyone has any ideas i would be most appreciative
Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: lcfcleej

Who is your internet provider?
It sounds like the problem you are having is not being connected to the network ( by your ISP ) have you been asked to enter your network key at any time?

risingphoenix1985

risingphoenix1985

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hello,

Just to clarify, you say that your dad and your brother can connect using wireless but your system can't? And that when you connect to the router by cable you can get to the internet?

If this is the case, can you get to the administration pages of the router in question and check to see if there is anything blocking you?

Can your system connect using another Wireless access point? if you can, it sounds like a problem with your router, if you can't, it sounds like a problem with your system.