Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please dear god help me (firefox problem)

• Please log in to reply

hobbes322

hobbes322

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just reformatted my HDD cause it was all [bleep]ed up, aurora and all sorts of [bleep], but anyways, I re-downloaded firefox and for some reason I cant get smooth scrolling to work, whenever I scroll down the page a line cuts across the screen every now and then and it slowly, inch by inch, makes it way down the page. How the [bleep] do I get smooth scrolling to work? it wont even work with Internet Explorer (I already went to tools>options and did all that stuff). You guys gotta help me, I absolutley cannot [bleep]ing stand this, takes an hour to browse one [bleep] website, please for the love of anal sex help me!

btw I scroll down to submit this post, 10 mins later....

EDIT: I have deleted, re downloaded and installed firefox 7 times btw, still cant get smooth scrolling to work, someone has to know What the... the problem is....its so annoying that if I cant fix it...time to sell my comp and buy a new one, and I am dead serious.

Edited by hobbes322, 02 June 2005 - 02:41 PM.

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi hobbes322

I just reformatted my HDD cause it was all [bleep]ed up

Did you happen to reinstall the correct video drivers for you system?

Mrcheeks

Mrcheeks

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
This problem happened to me too when i reformatted my hard driver, its not only firefox that does not scroll correctly, but everything has the same problem, if im not mistaken. You can go to your manufacturers website and download the orignal visual driver and install that and it should be back to normal :tazz:

good luck

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi hobbes322 and welcome to Geeks to Go

Just a couple of thoughts...
  • Are you sure you have the right mouse driver installed? What kind of mouse are you using? Are you sure the mouse itself is not defective? Any of these three can cause problems like you descripe.
  • Are you sure your computer is malware clean? I have saw spyware, dialers, viruses and more cuase that kind of problem.
The first thing to do is to rule out malware. Follow our advice Here step by step and post a hijack this log as recommended. After any possible malware is removed and you still have your problem, post again and we will check your drivers and stuff out. :tazz:

hobbes322

hobbes322

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
...Oh my god...no I didn't reinstall my drivers...wow I am an idiot =P some geek I am huh? lol.

hobbes322

hobbes322

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Problem fixed, that you Spank_Me, your saved my life!

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Your Welcome

Just happy that it was just a simple driver issue. :tazz: