Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to remove programs installed on a separate drive/partition, please

• Please log in to reply

rogerbid

rogerbid

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
HI,

I wonder if someone here can help me please? Sometime ago I was encouraged to install less important applications on a separate drive and keep my C: Drive relatively uncluttered. This has worked well over a few years but after experimenting and trialling a large number of applications I now want to thin out the programs and remove a good number of them.

My problem is that in Control Panel/Programs and Features I can only see the applications installed on C Drive.

How can I remove programs on another drive/partition and be sure the registry entries etc are also removed/restored?

I used to use Advanced Uninstaller 4.0SE, but it has not been updated for sometime. Can anyone suggest a freeware uninstaller that can assist me, or any other suggestions?

EDIT - Sorry, I should have said I am running Win 7 Home Premium.

Thanks,

Roger

Edited by rogerbid, 30 January 2012 - 12:51 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

Revo Uninstaller has a free version that might help:
http://www.revounins...e_download.html

Otherwise you might have to manually uninstall each program on the other partition by invoking the uninstaller for each one... that sounds exciting.

Cheers