Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop running slow and lost system restore

• Please log in to reply

mace2001

mace2001

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop that is running realy slow now. I have removed a lot of big files and did a system restore but now i cant even get into system restore. Please help speed me up and get up and running again

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
If it is the same computer as you asked about on this thread, which you started on 19 Jan 2011

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

when you were being assisted by SpywareDr, then unless you have increased the ram - memory from 512Mb as advised, then the computer will ALWAYS be slow.

Also as SpywareDr advised you with a 40Gb hard drive and a computer that is I think about 8 years old, you would have to consider the merits of spending any amount of money.

That is, not to dishearten you, or to say that the computer cannot remain in service, simply that it will NEVER be fast. The speed of the processor is 1.5Ghz.

These specifications need not concern you for basic Office processes and browsing, but running mulitiple applications, intensive graphics based operations and the like is always going to be a non-starter.

I am a little uncertain if you mean that the computer will not now load windows. or if you mean that there is no longer a restore point. If you used the ONLY existing restore point OR the first restore point, in otherwords the oldest, there WILL NOT BE ANY restore points now.

Please clarify what you mean exactly regarding the state of the computer NOW - in respect of it loading Windows.