Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP printer only prints partial page

• Please log in to reply

mlwjackson

mlwjackson

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
In the last two months I have had two printers on different desktops stop printing full pages. On one system I have not been able to get it to print more than about a quarter of a page regardless of what I do. The machine will however perfectly print the default test page.

The other printer will print a full page if I send the job to the printer with the printer off then turn the printer on after I have hit print. If the printer is on at the time I hit the print command it will print about 1/4 to 1/3 of a page and quit while the light indicating the PC and printer are communicating blinks continuously. If I have done the maneuver of turning the printer on after sending a multipage job it may print one or two pages okay but stop on another page with only the top 1.4 to 1/3 printed. While it is sitting there blinking I can occassionally hear the carriage move similar to what I hear when turning the printer on.

This has to be a changed setting or something in conflict. Anyone have a suggestion on how to address this? Both printers are HP 800 series printers (870 and 890)
I believe.

Advertisements