Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random bsod on asus n55sf

• Please log in to reply

sirknieghf

sirknieghf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, this is my first post here..

as title said, my new lappy keep getting random bsod the latest one is 0x50 if im not mistaken

been doing some troubleshooting on my own
1. memtest<<i got 2 stick 4GB each, done for each memory and no error
2. driver update for GPU<< even tried older version that recommended by others
3. reformat and install clean windows<<tried windows 7 home basic, premium, ultimate.
4. factory recovery

i did all the above but still got bsod..now im really thinking the lappy is faulty..please help

btw just bought this lappy a week ago -_-"

and no memory dump file cause clean format..

edited: got my mini dump(2 files) pls helpAttached File  013112-43758-01.zip   127.3KB   105 downloads

Edited by sirknieghf, 30 January 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Advertisements

risingphoenix1985

risingphoenix1985

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hello,

Ive looked at the dump files and can see two dumps...

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

I'd run a scan disk on your drives (My Computer -> right click drive -> properties -> tools "Check now")

2. NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.
Can be a problem with your installation of Windows, or more likely a problem with the drive. I'd run a scan disk to see if it fixes the problem.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If it's still under warranty return it. You should not be getting BSODs with a new computer, ever, and certainly not after restoring to factory state.