Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wont run 16 gigs.

• Please log in to reply

jasonmvt

jasonmvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok this is wierd... took a closer look, that is the exact same board.. BUT my slots are numbered differently. EXACT board every detail except the closest to cpu on mine is 4 then 2 then 3 then 1 one being farthest. heres a picture i took.. hope its visible.

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG1153.jpg

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Well they cannot list EVERY brand of ram, as indeed they say on the site.

I had found that board at first but I dismissed it, as the image clearly shows the slots numbered 1 moving from the processor.

I do NOT think that is particularly important.

I would as I have said, test each stick in in the slots using two at a ime, and the porcedure I outlined.
I would then test with JUST one stick in slot ONE and again I would test all sticks.

I would get rid of that patch - although you have still not said what it is.
I would set all relevant configurations regarding the ram to the default settings - be that AUTO or disabled whatever it is.

I would then try with the specific voltage and settings RATHER than AUTO but NOT to in anyway overdrive the ram - ie OVERCLOCK.

I would STILL refer the matter to Gigabyte and Mushkin.
It is too late of course NOW, but although I do not know of Mushkin, I have a distinct feeling that you may not have experienced the difficulties with Corsair ram for instance.

RE YOUR LAST - that is what I noticed, immediately you said they were NOT numbered from the processor.
WHAT does the manual SAY

jasonmvt

jasonmvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yeah ok sounds good, thanks again man this is all a good learning experience. ill post whatever i find out. yeah never had problems with corsair ram which i had last time. sorry i didnt mean "patch" i meant the bios version.. mostly its my lack of proper terminology and experience..

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Cheers.

Sorry we cannot make more progress.
I have a Gigabyte board on this computer running windows 7 Professional
They are quite good with their replies, average reply time is about three days.

I have a distinct feeling they will reply that it is the ram, but I would also see what if any reply you get from Mushkin.

NOT the same RAM exactly but you may find this interesting

http://forums.redfla...10-mir-1129064/
Good Luck