Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server Not Found

• Please log in to reply

Aemar

Aemar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use Windows XP Pro at work and I've been running into this issue that none of my co-workers have been running into. Our internet connection connects in the following chain:

Cable Modem -> Switch -> Hub -> My Computer

On our network is a local server where all of us share data on a common drive, including the database to web-based proprietary software.

While browsing the internet (for work, of course!), everything will be fine with reasonable speeds until it isn't. I'll get a message displaying in Firefox "Server Not Found". This message displays regardless of the site I'm using. The web-based proprietary software runs just fine when I can't browse the web. I also remain connected to the internet through Skype, LogMeIn, and Dropbox. The only thing I *can't* do is browse the web. This issue comes up with Firefox and Internet Explorer. The period of time where it works or where it doesn't is inconsistent. What's consistent though is that when I reboot my computer, everything works -- just not for long.

Any help / advice / thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Aemar

Aemar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bumping this -- still need help, please!