Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD Scorpius platform for FX-8150

• Please log in to reply

Robert Domenick

Robert Domenick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently purchased an AMD FX-8150 8 Core CPU. I did so because I do a lot of gaming and was strongly attracted to the integrated design of the Scorpius (sp) platform which purports to integrate the CPU with a Motherboard and Graphics chipset to streamline performance. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find much in the way of help identifying which chips are actually part of this platform and so I am turning the community for some help.

I have purchased the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard as the motherboard for my new system and would like to know if I have made the right choice and if so, what video card should I now buy to complete the Scorpius platform and achieve an integrated chipset?

I’d appreciate any insight you guys and gals can shed into this new platform from AMD.

Many thanks in advance.

Doctordom

Advertisements

Robert Domenick

Robert Domenick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bumping this, still hoping for some help