Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

do i need to install all of these downloads for my pc

• Please log in to reply

SKOOTERBUM

SKOOTERBUM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i have windows xp pro, a hp compaq evo d510 cmt motherboard. my pc is used for basic web surfing, ebay, forums, and working with pictures.

i put this pc together with the help of parts from another pc. i just recently got this one working.

i guessed at the proper drivers i needed to get this up and running.

now i am curiouse if i need to install all of these downloads / updates that are offered for this system.

if someone could please take a look at this site.....

http://h20000.www2.h...EnvOID=1093#120

and tell me which of these downloads i would want to install onto my pc to have it run at it's best possible performance, that would be great.

thanks,
ron

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
The most recent date of anything on that list is 2006.
All of the enhancements under Microsoft will have been dealt with on the normal Windows Update cycle and MANY more as well.

The answer generally speaking is the same as it was for the original question regarding the drivers.
That is where you would go to obtain drivers for you LAN, Sound, Graphics etc IF HP were indeed still upporting that system.

If you do NOT have a problem, then there is NOT anything on that list that will make the slightest difference.

SKOOTERBUM

SKOOTERBUM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
sounds good Macboatmaster !!

i must have done enough research to know what drivers i needed to get this pc up and running, since everything does seem to be working as it should.

there are so many driver / update choices at that site, and i am always second guessing myself, that i wasn't sure if i un-knowingly missed any that i would benefit from.

thanks for confirming it for me, and for the explanation about the driver / update dates, and microsofts updates taking care of most of the remaining updates that will be needed.

i will leave the drivers alone now, and move on to other things.....

ron