Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add on Taskbar

• Please log in to reply

Waldemar Care-Behr

Waldemar Care-Behr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I recently found a taskbar installed on a PC in Mozambique. I want to uninstall or disable the taskbar. But I can't seem to find it anywhere on the PC. It's not running in the task manager under applications and I can't find in the boot tab of msconfig. Here is a Screen Shot of the Taskbar. If anyone has seen this before please let me know ho to uninstall it.
Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Taskbar.JPG
  • Taskbar2.JPG

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
That appears to be a floating toolbar of some sort. Normally for those you right-click on them and choose the option that follows the logic of "go away". :)
Failing that you should be able to drag it to some out-of-the-way corner or back onto the taskbar, as that appears to be Windows XP you're running?

Edited by Neil Jones, 01 February 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Waldemar Care-Behr

Waldemar Care-Behr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You can't right click on it and you can't move it of the screen. The OS there is Windows Embedded WePos

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

can't find in the boot tab of msconfig

look in the start tab of msconfig...