Step 1.VirusTotal File Scan
Please go to: VirusTotal
Click the Choose File
button and search for the following file: C:\windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
Then click Send FileIf it says already scanned -- click "reanalyze now"
Please be patient while the file is scanned.
Once the scan results appear, please click on the Compact
A new window should appear with a bunch of tabs at the top. Please click on the BBCode tab
the contents of the text in the BBCode into your next reply for me to review.Please post the results in your next replyStep 2.
Double Click MalwareBytes'
to run the application.
- Click the Update tab and click Check for Updates
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Click the Scanner tab and select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.Step 3.Note
: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.Vista / 7 users:
You will need to to right-click
on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator
from the context menu.
Please go here
then click on:
If using Mozilla Firefox
you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the following instructions work with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
and run it on the computer with the issue.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please post:VirusTotal results
FSS.txtAlso give me an update on the issues remaining with your computer.