Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

Charles Long

Charles Long

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been getting bsod for a while, rather infrequently so I was not worried about it to much. Lately the frequency has increased alot, so I guess it is time to try and do something about it =(.

usually only happens when I am watching video's (netflix, youtube or other), I can play video games for hours and no problems, but load a flash game or a video and it crashes in 15minutes or less.

attached is the last minidump file I have.

**I should mention I run norton 360 av.

Edited by Charles Long, 01 February 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I don't see the minidump file? You will need to zip it since dmp files are not allowed to be uploaded here.

Charles Long

Charles Long

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry here it is.

Attached Files

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The last one was caused by chrome.exe, part of the Google Chrome browser. Do you use Chrome? If so, uninstall it, then reboot. Download the latest version and install it, see what happens.

DUmps:
6/1/11 chrome.exe
6/4/11 audiodg.exe
1/6/12 chrome.exe

Charles Long

Charles Long

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok thanks, I will try that now.

Charles Long

Charles Long

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
so far it seems to be working well, thank you very much. if it crashes again i'll be sure to post any new minidumps.

Charles Long

Charles Long

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
an update, I continuted having BSOD, however I found out that my crosshair extreme V motherboard's built in Intel network card was causing the issues with an out of date driver. I had to get a driver from asus to clear up the issues, 100% stable machine now, no problems.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :thumbsup: