Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem problems/Xbox

• Please log in to reply

Cory989

Cory989

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Netgear modem/router with Charter for an internet service provider. At random times every day, my Xbox 360 loses connection to the modem. It is connected wirelessly as that is currently my only option. Every time before it disconnects, my wireless turtle beach headset cuts in and out. I know it's not the turtle beaches interfering because I had this problem before buying the headset. I think there may possibly be a setting I have wrong under the modem setting. Maybe in UPnP but I'm not sure. This also happens to my computer but not nearly as frequently (also wirelessly connected). When it loses connection it is restored automatically in about 1 minute or less however it can be very annoying if I'm in the middle of an online game. This has been going on ever since we switched from Frontier to Charter about 7 months ago and I've been trying to figure it out since then Thanks for the help!

Advertisements