Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

95 % CPU Usage IDLE.

• Please log in to reply

antolbi

antolbi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi There,

Have a very strange problem that has only started occuring in the last day or so and as far as im aware have made no changes to my machine. My CPU usage at idle is between 70-90 percent fixed (not fluctuating). I have scanned with malwarebytes, spybot s&d, housecall, avira anti virus, CC Cleaner I have stopped all services but microsoft ones, and stopped certain software on startup. Other than restoring a backup i made a year ago i dont know what else to do, could this be hardware related?

In processes (all users) it says System 90 percent cpu, under the description it says NT Kernel & System. I have tried searching other forums but people mainly seem to have this issue with vista.

Im on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. AMD Quadcore phenom 2 processor, 4GB Ram.

I have attatched a highjack this log file if this is any help.

Really hope some can help

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Advertisements

antolbi

antolbi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
just updating this because i had a freak incident earlier. I had a powercut about 1 hour ago and when i switched my pc back on after it my cpu usage was back to normal? this surely must point to a hardware fault with my cpu?

antolbi

antolbi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
anyone?