Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 7 unbootable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Joanne Aime Ortiz

Joanne Aime Ortiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the last 3 days I've been attempting to fix this issue, it all started with me on FB I clicked on an image and it got stuck there, the esc key didnt work,cursor didnt work so i hit the power button on the front, shut it off and proceeded to reboot.
when it rebooted, i sense something was wrong because the windows logo didnt show when it said starting windows, the traveling bars showed up, which it never had done before and it took me to the advance option screens where it says repair computer(recommended) and start windows normally. I hit start windows normally, and it took me to the startup repair window, I left it there for almost 3hrs with no luck, it was just stuck there.with the traveling bar. I then decided to contact Acer to get some advice, they troubleshooted with me on the phone with the same results, the person on the phone told me that most likely my system was corrupted and that I would have to reformat my computer,they were willing to help me for a fee of $99 which I dont have at this time, am really frustrated, I've try reordering the boot sequence in BIOS so that I could boot up from my cd(originally my system was a Vista but my brother upgraded the system to win7) he gave me a burn copy of vista but have been unable to boot up from it, I dont know if the cd/dvd drive is reading it, I can hear it and feel it spinning but nothing happens, I've try safe mode,safemode with networking,command prompt, all the options, but the results are the same it keeps taking me back over and over again to startup repair. Can you give me your advice as to go about fixing this issue? I've read some of the others questions with similar issues but they all involve downloading stuff and I dont have another computer in the house and I cant access my comp, am using my phones web for this even as am typing now, right now, my phone is my lifeline on the net, hope you can help

Joanne

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
:welcome:

Lets give it a try. You will need a USB (Flash) pendrive.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Click on Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.