Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer 5536 mousepad ribbon cable holder

• Please log in to reply

jrranks

jrranks

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently worked on a laptop that was overheating.. Dismantled it to get to the CPU fan and vent. In the process the mouse ribbon cable holder snapped. it seems the overheating probably crystalized them. How can i get the ribbon to stay in place. Or do i have to get a new motherboard.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
I would try some hotglue but if it is crystallized - presumably due to excess heat - that would most likely be a temporary fix.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

So you think i can use a glue gun to apply glue

Well, that's what a glue gun is for. Of course it depends on how badly the connector is damaged too.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Sounds like a plan, and yes, please keep us posted.