Dell Inspiron won't boot after running tdsskiller
Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:29 PM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:37 PM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:51 PM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:15 PM
The computer won't let me run the Security Check. I get "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"
Number of downloads: 29
Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:18 PM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:20 PM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:22 PM
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 9
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
Windows Firewall Enabled!
ESET Online Scanner v3
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Wise Disk Cleaner 6.32
Java 6 Update 26
Java version out of date!
Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of date!
Mozilla Firefox 10.0. Firefox out of Date!
objlist.exe by Laurent
``````````End of Log````````````
Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:57 PM
Java version out of date!
Adobe Reader out of date!
Firefox out of Date!
Once done, you should be clear. If there are no more issues with your computer, all is left is to do some howsekeeping.
Rename Combofix to Uninstall and click on it. That should remove the application and quarantine.
Delete the C:\FRST folder as it guards its own quarantine. Manually remove any other tool left.
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people.
- Always keep your JAVA updated. Older versions will make your computer vulnerable.
- Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
- Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
- Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Miekiemoes.
Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:08 PM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:21 AM