Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 6 email

• Please log in to reply

stanjan

stanjan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there a way to store the 'Subject:' text and the body text so that I can send a frequently sent message from time-to-time? Ideally, I'd like a new message to pop up with the subject and body already filled in with these texts so that all I have to do is enter the recipient's email address. Is this possible?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Have you tried sticking it the "Drafts" folder??

Murray

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi stanjan

I think this link will cover what you are wanting to do, create a distribution list and a template for emails...

http://office.micros...0865001033.aspx

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Nice link Spanky !! :tazz:

Murray

stanjan

stanjan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried the Draft feature, but that didn't do what I want; it just saved one particular message. The template idea is new to me and looks to be what I need. Thanks for all your help and the fast response.

stanjan

stanjan

stanjan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there Spanky,

I tried to do a template using that link you sent. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to Outlook Express. I did some more looking around and found out that the message template feature is not available in Outlook Express. Why do they do that! Very frustrating.

The only work-around I can think of is to send myself the message and then keep it in the Sent folder, click it as if to forward, remove the Fw: from the subject line and enter the new recipients address. Crude, but it seems like it'll work.

stanjan

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Stanjan:

I think you confused both of us when you posted in the Microsoft Office forum.. OE is NOT a part of Office.. Microsoft Outlook is a part of Office thus the fixes/template option for Outlook!!

Murray

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
OE is a stipped down version of Outlook, don't expect it to run like Outlook or have some of the features that is available with Outlook. :tazz:

stanjan

stanjan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, that goes to show you how much I know. Some time ago I was led to believe that OE was the enhanced version. I've been working in ignorance all this time. Time to reinstall Outlook 2000. Thanks for straightening this out for me.

stanjan