Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate Homegroup Issues.

• Please log in to reply

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have created a homegroup on my laptop and tried to join it with my desktop. The desktop wouldn't join my laptop so I left my laptop homegroup and created the homegroup on my desktop. I tried to join with my laptop and it failed. I do have file sharing set up on both systems and I can share files between the two across my network. Both the times are set to the same time through the same internet server time. They are both running Windows 7 Ultimate but the desktop is 32-bit and the laptop is 64-bit. I'm sure I'm missing something I just don't know what.

Advertisements

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have a Belkin Share Wireless Router along with HughesNet internet service if this information helps at all. I do know that my router says my internet status is "not connected" but I am posting this topic from that connection so I am clearly connected.

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
The HughesNet issue is fixed through a tutorial. I am going to try the Homegroup again.

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Still unable to join Homegroup.