Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aurora nail ctfmon drpmon etc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

russH

russH

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried to remove aurora using the following tools: xoft, spybot, ewido, bazooka, hijackthis, and stopsign.

None worked at all! I tried to do a post here about a tool I found to remove it but the Admins here are understandably wary of the manufacturer of this tool. It did however save me from having to do a complete re-install. I think some discussion should be allowed on this topic for those who have not been able to remove aurora with HJT and so forth.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I tried to remove aurora using the following tools: xoft, spybot, ewido, bazooka, hijackthis, and stopsign.

None worked at all! I tried to do a post here about a tool I found to remove it but the Admins here are understandably wary of the manufacturer of this tool. It did however save me from having to do a complete re-install. I think some discussion should be allowed on this topic for those who have not been able to remove aurora with HJT and so forth.

View Post

The programs you mentioned above did not work because they are not designed to remove programs such as Aurora. First of all, I know that Xosoft is a "Rogue" Spyware application, and actually does more harm than good to your system. You can find out more information about Rogue products by going here that being said, I recommend you uninstall Xosoft, and as I stated before...you really should post a HijackThis log on the forums.

Second...there has been a great amount of discussion about this removal "tool". It has been tested over and over, and has been concluded to not only not entirely clean your infection, it also transmits even more information about you right back to that company.

I asked you in your other post to please not post on these boards to tell our users how to get and use this "tool". Please respect my request, or your posting rights can be suspended. We work very hard to protect our users. There IS a very simple removal method that we use to clean people completely of Nail/Aurora, and we do so without leaving Malware behind AND without transmitting/receiving information about our users. We will never condone the use of this "tool", as there are easier and much safer ways of ridding yourself of this nasty Malware.