Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

New Acer AX1420G-U5832 PSU / Graphics upgrade & PSU?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have bought a new computer. An Acer Aspire AX1420G-U5832 Slimline model. I wanted to play WoW and The Witcher 2 on this machine. I've double checked the specs and everything works fine except for my graphics card. Of course they don't disclose this information on the outside of the box before purchasing. I guess I should have double checked this before buying but now I need a solution. I've heard of some crazy ways of putting this system board in a standard tower and getting whatever PSU I want, etc. I know there are likely not many options for slimeline PSU's out there more than maybe 300w-350w PSU's. Does anyone have an idea of my best and most simple option to play these games? Besides trying to return the machine...thank you in advance for all your replies and help with this question!

~ GamerGuy1973

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,715 posts
:welcome: GamerGuy1973
My first suggestion is for you to measure the present PSU and also to check if you have any additional room in the case.
Read the feedback tab http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814500208 this card should fit in your case.
Post back with your measurements.