Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD burner

• Please log in to reply

jdr46

jdr46

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a DVD compact disc rewritable burner HP 1170, I cannot burn from RealPlayer. Do I need a program? What do I do to connect the realplayer to burn to my dvd burner? Please help. Thanks

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What errors are you getting?
Can you burn anything to it?

Try opening your My Documents folder then select a few files, then right click, Send to and pick the DVD/CD as the target. XP will stage the files to be written to the CD. Next open My Computer and right click on the DVD/CD drive and select Burn to disc (or similar words). That should write those files to the blank disc in the DVD/CD drive.

There is a lot of info here on how to Disable burning in XP, but the concepts and locations are valid for enabling as well. Especially check this:

Open "My Computer", right click on the CD/DVD drive icon and select
"Properties". Click the "Recording" tab and then check "Enable CD
recording on this drive".