Go back to setup
In boot device priority, make first boot device CD
second boot device Hard Drive.
Then try again from CD - without CD - F8 in Safe Mode.
disconnect all except monitor, keyboard and mouse.
DETAILS of which are on the link I sent for the DIAGNOSTIC lights
Another failure has occurred.
- Ensure that the cables are properly connected to the system board from the hard drive, CD drive, and DVD drive (see "System Board Components").
- If there is an error message on your screen identifying a problem with a device (such as the floppy drive or hard drive), check the device to make sure it is functioning properly.
- The operating system is attempting to boot from a device (such as the floppy drive or hard drive); check system setup to make sure the boot sequence is correct for the devices installed on your computer.
IF YOU have any knowledge of the inside of the computer do this
1. Check the cleanliness of the fans particularly the one on the CPU - SEE the link I sent
and the COOLING fins of the cpu below the fan.
DO NOT use anything METAL of course to dislodge any build up of dust and BE GENTLE
Cotton bud and VERY SOFT bristled brush are ideal.
DO NOT use the household vacuum cleaner hose anywhere near the componets inside the case.
If you touch any component, BEFORE DOING SO, take hold of the inside metal of the case with both hands.
2. See this please System Setup and check USB setting - although I am sure you will find it set ON
Set to On
(default) so that USB devices will be detected and supported in the operating system.
3. WITH the side of the case open, reconnect and check when you power on that the fans are spinning. THEN check again WHEN that keyboard locks up - are they still spinning please.