Sudden shutdown, reboots to blue screen of death [Closed]
Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:07 PM
Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:29 PM
oaui.exe is the Online Armor User Interface. There appears to be a conflict, as OAUI is trying to write to a memory location that is either already in use or is a protected location. Which, of course, will cause OAUI to crash.
You may need to start a thread in the Online Armor Customer Support forums
Let me see if I can get any additional information on it.
As for the SpyBot issue, I don't really know what's going on there. A couple of things you can try:
Reboot and try to check the box again. Make sure click the Mode button in the Menu bar and click Advanced Menu
Check the SpyBot folder and make sure the SDHelper.dll file is in it
Open spybot and click Advanced Mode in the Menu bar. In the left column, click Immunize. On the [b]Immunize page, click the +Immunize at the top of the page and see if that turns it on.
Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:52 PM
The only thing I can find relating to not being able to check the "SDHelper" box in SpyBot boils down to the sdhelper.dll file not being in the SpyBot program files folder...C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy
So check that folder and see if the sdhelper.dll file is there. If it isn't, you will need to uninstall and reinstall SpyBot.
I can't really find anything anything more than I listed in the last post about the oaui.exe error from Online Armor. If the error keeps occurring you may want to try uninstalling Online Armor and then reinstalling.
Stop the Client Virtualization Handler service
- Click the Start Orb
- In the Start Search box type services.msc and press the ENTER key.
- Click Continue on the UAC window. The Services window will come up.
- In the list of services look for Client Virtualization Handler and if found: Right click on the service and click Properties. The Service Properties page will come up.
- In the Startup type box, click the down arrow and click Disabled
- In the Service status area, click Stopped
- Click Apply then OK and close the Services window and reboot.
Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:36 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users