Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Referred]Redirect after upgrading to 1.06 SE Perasonal

• Please log in to reply

msftman

msftman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Folks,

Recently upgraded to 1.06 SE Personal. Since then my home page is being redirected to Microsoft's update page.

Any clues as to why when ver. 1.05 worked flawlessly?

Any help appreciated,
Steve Banks

Advertisements

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Windows Update, I sometimes get that....

Are you all updated?

Sometimes if you let MS search for updates it will then reset your homepage.

Ad-aware SE Personal does not affect your homepage.....

:tazz:

msftman

msftman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Everything is updated, the only reason I suspect AdAware's and AdWatch's new version is that it sets everything back to defaults. Thinking I had it nailed in my previous version and the update took everything back to square one.

AdAware is not the most intuitive program... especially since it's the type you set and leave it alone for so long. Then when you update and have to go back in and remember all the previous settings. Should have backed that crap up.

The app CClean or CC did get rid of the issue, thanks!

Edited by msftman, 02 June 2005 - 10:18 PM.

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Please follow the instructions located in Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log. Post your HJT log as a reply to this thread, which has been relocated to the Malware Removal Forum for providing you with further assistance.

Kindly note that it is very busy in the Malware Removal Forum, so there may be a delay in receiving a reply. Please also note that HJT logfiles are reviewed on a first come/first served basis.