Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Secondary Hard Drive Installation Woes

• Please log in to reply

KdmCtzn

KdmCtzn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good afternoon:

Not so sure it's all that good for me today; both my PC and Laptop have crashed on me. Here's my issue:

I attempted to set up my WD 160GB drive last night along side a Seagate 160GB drive. I ran the WD lifeguard CD to format and partition the drive. I left it running overnight. Today the system (my original drive (Seagate)) has only booted to the XP screen and stopped; it does not get as far as sign-in. I accessed the BIOS and changed the boot order to CD and replaced the WD disk however, the computer will not boot to the CD. I wanted to re-run the lifeguard program and try setting up the new drive again. How can I get the CD to run the program again? or how can I get the CD to continue copying or transferring the files from Seagate (primary drive) to the WD?

Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are both drives in the PC?
Are both drives IDE or SATA or a combination?
Are both drives on the same IDE ribbon?
Is the Seagate set as master and the WD set as slave?